Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Three Tiered Side Table

This is the table I forgot to take a “before” picture of that I bought when I hit a few yard sales a couple of weeks ago.  This is it “in process”.  I thought I should get a picture of it, even if it is not a true “before”.

SONY DSC

A nice little table, it was oak, which wasn’t doing much for it.  I thought the shape of the table tops would be accentuated more if it were painted.

SONY DSC

I painted it in Old White, but wasn’t “feeling” it.  After checking what other chalk paint colors I had on hand, the color I had the most of won ~ pink!  Except it’s not just pink, it’s Annie Sloan Antoinette and La Craie Debutante mixed together.  Very close to each other in color and mixing them together wound up giving me the right amount with a little wiggle room.

SONY DSC

I started out painting the top of the table.  I thought I might coat the whole thing in the pink and then sand in sections, but once I had that first portion done, I decided that it might not look too bad leaving the spindle sections in the Old White.

SONY DSC

I liked the way it turned out.  I just need to put some clear wax on it.

SONY DSC

I could see this being used in a little girl’s room or nursery.   Plenty of room for a little bedside lamp on top; some favorite bedtime story books for the middle; and maybe that favorite Teddy on the bottom. 

 

 

SONY DSC

Its small, compact size would also make it a great piece for a bathroom holding some pretty accessories and towels.

23 comments:

Okio B Designs said...

What a sweet little table. Love the color! N doesn't want it for E?

Jeanine

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! I love your little table and you did good picking the color! I need a little table like that.
be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Nice transformation, Kathy. I know what the before looked like. I've seen them many times. Boring! You gave it a fresh update.

Cynthia said...

I can picture what it looked like before you got your pretty hands on this table. The color combination is very pretty. I like the softness that the pink adds.

Cynthia

ibshell said...

Sweet! Can't wait to see where you put it!!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy,
How wonderful your table turned out. The color is so fresh and updated now. Great transformation.
Hugs!

This N That said...

Perfect for a bathroom..

DIYbyDesign said...

What a cute table. I could see it in a little girl's room too!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

That is such a sweet table..and yes, perfect for a little girl's room!...I am guilty too of forgetting to take before pics...I seem to be in hurry to start a project and forget half way through!!...Have a beautiful week Kathy!

sweetvintageofmine said...

Nice little piece! They could be used in many places.....very nice! I adore the PINK!! Have a wonderful and blessed week~~~Roxie

Victoria's Vintage Designs said...

So Sweet! Love it!!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Your little table looks wonderful in pink. Any girl, young or old, would love to have it!

Unknown said...

That is a sweet little table and I love the subtle pink with the white.

Woodworkin' & Good Eats said...

Very unique table.
My Connie would like that,I can see her bringing it home. She has a think for unique things. I guess that's way she loves me, LOL.
Have a great day, Steve

At The Picket Fence said...

That is just so darling Kathy! Love the pink! :-)
Vanessa

Entertaining Women said...

I totally agree...perfect for a little girl's room. The pink was the perfect choice. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Shabby chic Sandy said...

The table is so adorable--I can imagine it in oak and it looks so much more charming now!

Junkchiccottage said...

Kathy,
This came out so great. What a cute little table you reloved.
Kris

Maria Elena said...

Great find! Love your little table! So many ways you can use it, but I know you have a plan. :) Can't wait to see!

Little Miss Maggie said...

This does make a darling accent piece and I love the pink and the white combo.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

What a cute little table! I like the colors you chose - it would be perfect for a little girls room!

Tea in the Library said...

Nice! Your color choices make this sweet little table pop.(I've been watch HGTV, can you tell?)

Anonymous said...

I love the transformation! I can see it in a girl's room too! It's adorable now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...