Friday, May 13, 2011

A Pillow For My Mom

I picked up a fabric a few months ago with the intention of making something for my Mom with it as she loves roosters.  I decided to go with a pillow for Mother’s Day, but didn’t want to just cut two squares out of it and sew it together.  I decided to use some Osnaberg fabric for the main part of the front and back and cut a square out of the rooster fabric.

DSC01489_1104

I centered it on one of the pieces of fabric and sewed it in place.

DSC01491_1105

I found this trim that I had in my stash and decided to use this to go around the square of rooster fabric.

DSC01508_1116

I think it gives it a designer look and it’s a one of a kind pillow that my Mom just loved!

DSC01500_1109

DSC01503_1111

DSC01504_1112

DSC01505_1113

Don’t forget to enter my Cottage Charm Giveaway ~ ends May 29th!

Kathy

9 comments:

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Wow - gorgeous pillow! The choices of fabrics and then the trim are just perfect. I know your mom LOVED it! So much pretter that 2 squares sewn together. Linda

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Kathy,
This is a gorgeous pillow--you are SO super-talented, my friend!!!
XO
Cindy

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the pillow. I like that you just used a square in the center and the trim is fabulous. Don't you love to have bits and pieces in a stash to use. It looks fabulous. I am sure she loved it. Hugs, Marty

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Cute pillow. I love rooster pillows, too. I bet your mom loved it.

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Super cute Kathy!!
Enjoy your sunday :)
XO

Red Door Home said...

The trim finished off the pillow perfectly! I bet your mom just loved it. There is nothing better than a homemade gift made with love!

Ms. Bake-it said...

I love the pillow you made for your mom! I am rather partial to roosters too.

~ Tracy

Lizabeth said...

Oh my- I love this! What a neat idea!

Pamela said...

Kathy I LOVE this pillow!! What a great idea! I may have to steal I mean borrow it for fresh pillows on our bench! Also love your new side table. It looks fantastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...