Thursday, December 16, 2010

Picture This

This is a quick and easy project and I was able to use supplies I already had on hand.  I’ve been knocked out by a really bad cold this week, so this was something I could handle. 

IMG_9632

This is what I used to make this project:

  • A promotional CD that was just laying around;
  • Some Christmas themed scrapbook paper;
  • A few chipboard or embellishments;
  • Glue Dots;
  • Picture of your choosing;
  • Ribbon;
  • Mod Podge;
  • Little bit of hot glue {for the ribbon attachment}.

IMG_9635

First I traced the CD on the back of the scrapbook paper and cut it out inside the drawn circle.  I chose complementary scrapbook papers for each side of the CD.  I Mod Podged the paper to each side of the CD.  I did not do a top coat.

IMG_9645

I printed out two favorite pictures of my granddaughter, one for each side.  When the scrapbook paper dried, I attached the pictures using the glue dots.  These are called Zots.

IMG_9646

Do not touch the glue dots with your fingers {it says it on the box}.  They really mean it.  Don’t touch them with your fingers, they become a mess.  Just take your picture or embellishment and place it on the glue dot where you want it and it will attach.

IMG_9640

I then added some embellishments to the one side and on the other side, I used triangles I cut from the diamond patterned paper as picture corners.

IMG_9647

IMG_9648

IMG_9651

I chose a Christmas ribbon that says “believe” and used that to attach just underneath the one picture, with a dot of hot glue, as the hanger.

IMG_9653

IMG_9654

IMG_9655

Just make sure you have your pictures set up the same way on both sides.  I messed up one, but I’ll keep that one for me.   

Kathy

15 comments:

One Cheap B*tch said...

I hope one of these are for me!

J

Crystal @ Ordinary Days said...

Adorable! What a cute idea that I will have to try. :)

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE! Ornaments that I made of photos of my kids are still some of my most favorite. The kids love to see them too. This is really cute and a great idea. Your grand daughter gets cuter every day.

Blondie's Journal said...

First off...what a precious picture!! You have a great idea here for making a wonderful keepsake! I'm definitely going to try it!

Thanks, Kathy!

XO,
Jane

Blue Creek Home said...

These are super cute! A great way to recycle.

I hope you feel better soon.

Rhonda

The Single Nester said...

How precious! I have heard of Zots. Are they better than Glue Dots? I just purchased these for a project from Michaels.

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

A great idea Kathy!

DIYbyDesign said...

Great idea.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
What an easy and very pretty ornament idea!
Love it.

hugs
Sissie

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Kathy honey this is just too cute. I love how you did this. Your baby is so precious.
Sorry you have had such a bad cold.
Did you find something pretty from LuLu for your giveaway. Hope so
Love ya
Maggie

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Kathy, this is just so cute. Love the precious little one and what a cute and clever idea. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

Your grandaughter is so cute, and so is this project! I hope you're feeling better.

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Those turned out adorable!! Now I know what I can do with some of the cd/dvd that I was going to throw away!!

Jane said...

What a great way to display the cute pics of your granddaughter! And a great use for an old CD! Hope your cold is getting better.
Have a great weekend.
Jane

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

Just darling! Congrats too on 3 years of blogging. That is something to be proud of.

Merry Christmas!

xo,
cristin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...