Thursday, July 29, 2010

What I Bought On My Summer Vacation

Any time I can walk out of Marshalls {or Home Goods, TJ Maxx, Pier 1, Tuesday Morning ~ you get the idea} spending under $50.00 it’s a great shopping day for me.   Today’s trip to Marshalls was just such a morning and the $49.79 spent included a pair of shorts at $16.99!  Here’s what I got:

IMG_6963_3699

A few of these items were on clearance {the wire tray and the 1, 2, 3 hooks}.  The leaf bowl was $4.99.  I’m thinking I need a little bit of a change from the floral arrangement I currently have on my kitchen table.  Although, I might wait until September and add some Fall-like things to this bowl.  {Digressing ahead: Dollar Tree already has Fall decor out.  They had some cute little ceramic pumpkins that I made myself put down and walk away from}.

IMG_6965_3700

These crown hooks were $5.99 each.  About what I’d expect to pay at Marshalls so no win or loss on those.

IMG_6968_3702

I couldn’t pass up this wire tray for $5.00.  I don’t know why I like these.  Even though I have enough trays like this I still look when I see them.  I guess it plays to my liking to have things organized yet in view.

IMG_6973_3706

IMG_6974_3707 

I saw this 1, 2, 3 hook in a sage green {$7.50} and right away thought, “uh-oh, they’re onto us!”.  I’ve seen various numbered items in blogland before I saw them in stores.   I know this has been mentioned before but sometimes you have to wonder where it showed up first ~ the blog or the store!

IMG_6971_3705

I could have spent so much more, but I have learned restraint.  They had some great dishware and a wonderful white teapot {it was missing it’s lid though};  frames, florals and even small appliances like a coffee maker.   I have an upcoming chance for you to throw restraint to the wind.  I’ll be hosting a CSN giveaway that I will be announcing shortly, so please make sure to come back and enter.

Linking up with the following linky parties:

Frugalicious Friday at Finding Fabulous

14 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Great treasures. You did good. Wow, I am sure hoping fall comes really soon and the HOT weather goes away. Love your two wire baskets and all the hooks. You did really well. Hugs, Marty

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

GREAT finds! I really like those hooks!!! I never think to go to Marshalls. I'll have to stop by there next time I'm in town!!!

xxoo

Gloria Fox said...

I love the hooks! I saw the little pumpkins in Dollar Tree too, and didn't have your will power. I got 3 of them.

Tammy@InStitches said...

I haven't been to Marshall's in a long time, thanks for the reminder, you got some good stuff.

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Ooouu! So many goodies! I really like the black bowl too! I know what you mean about Marshalls and the dishes, I was in there last week and saw a whole new display of several different patterns! Had me going crazy cause I was being a good girl and only shopping for a gift for a friend. Very cute number hooks and wire basket. Must be that office mentality that you have that makes you like these things. LOL! Just kidding!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh,
I love all your new things!!!! And I can't wait to see what you post for Creative Spirit...it will be FUN!
Hugs,
Cindy
xoxox

Cindy Adkins said...

P.S.
How is the precious "little bundle" doing? Wonderful, I hope!!!
Hugs,
Cindy

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

I love the items you found. I love the crown hooks and the numbered ones are super cute!

Kelly @ Much To Do With Nothing said...

Nice finds Kathy. The little number hooks are cute. I always wonder that too. Are the stores paying attention to the blogs. Hmmmm. They should.
Speaking of fall... I found a little double leaf sort of candy dish with the 1950's gold glaze highlights. It was $1.00. I was so excited. You know I usually buy furniture.
Kelly

One Cheap B*tch said...

I got the same crown hook last weekend! =)

Ms. Bake-it said...

Great finds! The number hooks are cute. I would like some of those for myself.

This is all fine and dandy Kathy, but they are not quite the pictures I am looking for!

~ Tracy

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Wonderful finds Kathy...I love the numbered hooks!

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Some great buys! Will you be my personal shopper . . . pretty puleese?????? You find the best bargains. I'm especially diggin' that wire tray.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy, you had a great day! I love the numbered hooks.I wonder too where the numbers started.I love all your finds...Kathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...