Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mood Board Monday Link~Up


I'm joining in on the Mood Board Monday Party over at PK's Room Remix blog. I'm not totally pleased with my board, but I think it at least gives the idea of what my thoughts are.

PK gave us two fabrics to use as the basis for our mood boards. I chose to work with the green and white trellis print. I'm not seeing it on the board {although I dragged it onto the board with everything else} so I put the picture of the inspiration fabric separately.

My first thought was a sunroom, so my board reflects pieces that I would put in a sunroom. Because I'm lazy and just doing this for myself {and not a client}, I stayed with one resource ~ Pier 1.

Untitled
Untitled by creativehome on Polyvore.com

I'm seeing a couple of these wicker chairs, each with a white seat cushion for comfort. Next to each chair a Perched Bird Accent table to hold a drink or book, with the matching Perched Bird Accent console table. On top of that console table the Green Shade Lamp and the Scroll Fruit Bowl filled with the Decortive Seagrass Balls. I would have liked to have found smaller versions of the Green Shade Lamp for the accent tables, but Pier 1 does not seem to carry one.

On the wall {side by side} over the console table, the Botanical Dragonfly Wall print and Botanical Butterfly Wall print. I chose the Birdcage on Stand to fill in a corner and it could be filled with a fern, candles, etc.

  • Wicker Chair ~ $200.00 each
  • Chair cushion ~ $65.00 each
  • Perched Bird Console ~ $80.00
  • Perched Bird Accent table ~ $50.00
  • Green Shade Lamp ~ $50.00
  • Botanical Butterfly Print ~ $9.95
  • Botanical Dragonfly Print ~ $9.95
  • Birdcage on Stand ~ $200.00
  • Scroll Fruit Bowl ~ $25.00
  • Decorative Seagrass Ball ~ $2.95 each



12 comments:

Tracy Watier said...

Pretty, Kathy! Love the prints and all the pieces you've chosen do have the feel of a lovely, warm sunroom and I love the idea of a fern in the birdcage!

Roeshel said...

Wow Kathy! I.love.it. You did a fantastic job at creating a beautiful retreat. I "shopped" at pier 1 too and didn't notice any of those items. This is definitely a room I could see me enjoying in my own home!

(click on and choose the fabric in your polyvore board, then click "show background". It's tricky the way the hide & show background button works, but it should show your fabric.)

Have a great week! Thanks for your kind comments on my mood board.

Roeshel

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Those wicker chairs are quite sophisticated, love them. I like that you've used a muted color palette with the fabric (and lamp shade) providing the punch of color. This would be a delightful room!
Janell

Blue Creek Home said...

This looks like fun! I love that fabric. And I think your sunroom is just going to be delicious!!!
Lovin' the dragonfly and butterfly art.
And the spider does wig me out a little!
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Good job Kathy! Nothing wrong with just shopping Pier 1 (obviously I should've taken that route, maybe I could have stayed focused :-)). I love the organic feel of this room and could definitely visualize myself relaxing there. I've seen those botanicals before and really like them. Thanks for joining the blog party!

Pauline Wiles said...

Wow, great room at very reasonable cost. You chose one of my favorite stores for all your items; I try not to visit Pier 1 too often (too painful for my wallet otherwise) but I may need to stop by and visit that Dragonfly print in person!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Tracy ~ Thanks! I came across that birdcage near the end of putting this together and thought it would be a nice touch in a corner.

Thank you, Roeshel! So that's what those buttons mean! Thanks! I have to play with that more.

Thanks,Janell! I should have said {guess I should edit} that I would see that fabric as window treatments {I confused it as the curtain panel}, I would do a fun valance.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Hi Rhonda! Thank you! I loved those prints, too.

Hi PK! Thanks for hosting! This was fun to put together, but I think the next one will go smoother for me. I need to play in Polyvore more. I'm not in there that often so everything I figure out, I forget by the next time.

Thank you, Struggler! I try not to go too often either. They have been bringing in some great looking furniture pieces this year.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

How fun, Kathy! This is so pretty. I'll have to get in on the next party.

Karen said...

Hi Kathy, I think it is great that you were able to put together the room with using only items from one store. The fact that it is Pier I, a budget conscious designer's best friend, is even better!

Tricia said...

Very natural and relaxing. I like it very much! Great job!

XO*Tricia

P.S. I have a love/hate relationship with Polyvore. I need to take some of these tips and put them into practice. ;)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Hi Rhoda! Thanks for coming by! You absolutely should get in on the next one. I think you'd do a fabulous mood board!

Pier 1 is a great resource, Karen, and I do like to check them out. I'm sometimes pleasantly surprised at what I find there.

Thank you, Tricia! I really need to practice with this myself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...